Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Purpose of Blog by Faith

Blog by Faith and Not by Sight

Purpose: The purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts on all things related to Christianity.

What I believe:
  • I believe in one and living true God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit.
  • I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son.
  • I believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
  • I believe that Jesus lived a sinless life, performed many miracles in the site of man and perfectly fulfilled every prophecy of his first coming and will continue to fulfill the prophecies of His second coming and beyond.
  • I believe in Jesus' substitutionary atoning death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people; and personal, visible return to earth.
  • I believe that Jesus is one and the same as God. He was fully human and fully God.
  • I believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower in ministry all who believe in Christ.
  • I believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide.
  • I believe that all scripture is God Breathed and with out error in the original manuscripts and fully inspired as God's Holy word.
  • I believe that the Holy Scriptures found in the Old and New Testaments are infallible, timeless and provide the rule of faith and practice.
  • I believe all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as his/her personal Lord and Savior, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, assured of spending eternity with the Lord.
  • I believe that salvation is a free gift given to us through Christ's attoning sacrifice and can not be earned through good works but must be accepted through a genuine heart of repentance.
  • I believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ and His pre-tribulation rapture of the Church. This motivates me to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God's Word, regular fellowship, and Communion.
  • As a statement of my faith, I was baptized by immersion demonstrating my symbolic relation with Christ's death and resurrection.

The above statement of faith is the foundation for which I write in these journals. Everything else is secondary. It's my hope and prayer that these journal entries will inspire discussion, stir emotions and challenge everyday thought.

~Jason Furtak~

No comments: